If you've installed apps from the Google Play Store, the Chrome Web Store, or the web, here are tips for finding apps quickly and organizing them on your Pixel Slate.
Find an app
To search for an app on your device:
- In laptop mode: On your keyboard, press the Launcher key.
In tablet mode: Go to your Home screen. To get there, go to the bottom left corner of your screen and tap the Launcher .
- Type the name of the app you want. The app will show in your search results.
Open an app
In laptop mode:
- Press the Launcher key.
- You'll see a list of apps you've used recently. Select the app you'd like to open.
- To see all your apps, select Up arrow
In tablet mode:
- Go to your Home screen. To get there, go to the bottom left corner of your screen and tap the Launcher .
- At the top, you'll see a list of apps you've used recently. Select the app you'd like to open.
- All of your apps are on your home screen. Depending on the number of apps, some might appear on a second page. Tap the open circle on the right of the screen to go to the next page.
Use app shortcuts
Some apps offer shortcuts to a specific feature or action within the app.
To see if an app has a shortcut:
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow .
- Right-click or long-press on the app. From the drop-down menu, you'll see if any shortcuts are available.
- For example: When you right-click on Gmail , you'll see Compose . When you select Compose, you will go directly to a new email draft.
To use an app shortcut:
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher .
- Start typing in the search box. If a shortcut is available, it will appear just below the search box.
- For example: When you enter "trending" in the search box, you will see what videos are trending on YouTube.
Organize your apps
- Put apps together in a folder: Drag an app on top of another app.
- Name a folder: Select the folder and type the name.
Select and hold an app, then drag it to another spot on the same or different page.