Find and organize apps on your Pixel Slate
Find an app
To search for an app on your device:
- In laptop mode: On your keyboard, press the Launcher key.
In tablet mode: Go to your Home screen. To get there, go to the bottom left corner of your screen and tap the Launcher .
- Type the name of the app you want. The app will show in your search results.
Open an app
In laptop mode:
- Press the Launcher key.
- You'll see a list of apps you've used recently. Select the app you'd like to open.
- To see all your apps, select Up arrow
In tablet mode:
- Go to your Home screen. To get there, go to the bottom left corner of your screen and tap the Launcher .
- At the top, you'll see a list of apps you've used recently. Select the app you'd like to open.
- All of your apps are on your home screen. Depending on the number of apps, some might appear on a second page. Tap the open circle on the right of the screen to go to the next page.
Use app shortcuts
Some apps offer shortcuts to a specific feature or action within the app.
To see if an app has a shortcut:
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow .
- Right-click or long-press on the app. From the drop-down menu, you'll see if any shortcuts are available.
- For example: When you right-click on Gmail , you'll see Compose . When you select Compose, you will go directly to a new email draft.
To use an app shortcut:
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher .
- Start typing in the search box. If a shortcut is available, it will appear just below the search box.
- For example: When you enter "trending" in the search box, you will see what videos are trending on YouTube.
Organize your apps
- Put apps together in a folder: Drag an app on top of another app.
- Name a folder: Select the folder and type the name.
Select and hold an app, then drag it to another spot on the same or different page.