Your Pixel Slate automatically sets the time when you're connected to the web.
To change your date and time preferences:
- Sign in to your device.
- In the bottom right, select the time to open the status area.
- Select Settings
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- In the "Date and time" section:
- To manually choose your time zone, select Time zone Choose from list Down arrow
- To switch to a 24-hour clock, turn on Use 24-hour clock.
- Optional: For higher accuracy or if you use a virtual private network, you can let your device use Wi-Fi or data networks to find your location. Select Time zone Set automatically Down arrow Set automatically using your accurate location.
For more information on virtual private networks, see Related articles.
How your device finds your location
Your device uses your IP address to find your approximate location. Your device sends that info to Google Location Services to estimate your time zone. If you choose "Set automatically using your accurate location," your device also sends info about nearby Wi-Fi or data networks (if your device has a data plan). This info helps your device find your location more accurately.