You can talk to your Google Assistant on your Pixel Slate by saying "Ok Google" or “Hey Google.” This is called the hotword.
If you turn the hotword off, you can still talk to your Google Assistant by pressing the key or touching and holding the Launcher on your Pixel Slate.
Other external keyboards:
- Chrome OS-compatible keyboard: Press + a
- Windows or Mac keyboard: Command/Windows + a
Turn "OK Google" on or off
In the bottom right, select the time to open the status area.
Select Settings .
- Under “Search and Assistant,” select Google Assistant.
- Select Google Assistant settings.
- Next to “Ok Google detection,” select the toggle to turn it on or off.