/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
-
5/5/19
Pixel 3 Camera Shake - Broken? 0 Recommended Answers 5 Replies 28 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
The rear camera shakes basically all the time. Recorded video turns out flickering and pictures are not as sharp as they should be.

I have tried different settings and clearing the camera app to defaults.

Video of the phone exhibiting the behaviour: https://youtu.be/Y_wRNGdeV4w

Is this a hardware fault with the optical image stabilization?

Hate to have to send it in ;(

The phone is 2 weeks old.
All Replies (5)
5/15/19
I'm having the exact same problem with my Pixel 3. 

It was never dropped or something, and without any apparent reason, started to have such glitches.

The camera shakes more in a low light environment, and now I just can't make any kind of video, using the original camera app or other apps that use the camera.

I've already tried:
- Reset the phone several times;
- Run it in Safe Mode;
- Restore to factory settings;

One note here, I was using the Android Q Beta 3 when this started to happen, so I thought that was related to the beta OS, but after reverting to the latest stock/stable version, the issue continues. 

So it seems to be really a hardware problem.

I brought this phone on an international trip, and here in Brazil, there is no Google Store or similar, how can I proceed in this case?
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/24/19
Hi guys,

Yes, that camera shake sounds like a hardware problem with the rear camera's autofocus / optical image stabilization mechanism. You'll need to get in touch with Pixel Support in order to arrange for a repair or replacement. 

Support is unfortunately only available in countries where the Pixel 3 is officially sold:

If you're not currently in one of those countries then it may be best to see if a friend or family member in one of those supported countries might contact support on your behalf. Otherwise you could use a VPN hosted in a supported country to connect with support and try to work something out.

Good luck,
John
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/27/19
Happens to me constantly. Worked fine for months. Maybe an update killed it. Every 2 seconds or so the image goes all wavy
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
7/2/19
Having the same exact problem.  Seems like too many people reporting this to be a hardware issue.  Sounds more like a software problem.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
7/2/19
Just noticed a post elsewhere about this issue, and the poster mentioned that there is a noticeable clicking sound when you move the phone, like something is loose in the camera itself.  While I thought it might be software related, it seems now like this is a widespread hardware issue.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This reply is no longer available.
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic