Due to high volumes, you may experience long wait times for customer support. We greatly appreciate your patience.

/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
"Hey Google" butt dialing!
Hello,

I got my Pixel 6 Pro like 4-5 days ago, and I love it!
I set up everything like before (I had Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 5). My main issue is voice assistant keep butt dialing one of my coworkers! And it kind of got to the point that I deleted their contact.
Every time that happened, my phone was in my pants pocket. 
Once it happened while I was speaking in a language, that voice command did not support it. (Farsi)

Does anybody else have this issue?
How can I resolve it?

Thank you
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (7)
Relevant Answer
I had same issue with my Pixel 6 and deleted the contact. Without me knowing it , the contact got voicemail. Happened few times in row.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue for my wife and me with the pixel 6 pro.  It called a coworker of mine at 12am locked in my pocket. Not ok!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue. Called a random contact twice today while in my pocket with screen locked and facing out.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Also happened to me last night while I was sleeping and a week ago with the same contact.

I've disabled 'Hey Google' voice activation for now and am going to use the physical activations to trigger it until it's patched.

Tried retraining the Voice Model before the second incident and it didn't seem to make a difference.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My Google Assistant called my co-worker "twice". After the first time, i changed the setting on Assistant to not respond if screen is locked. Second time, when this happened, the phone asked me to unlock. Immediately after unlocking, i dismissed the call and was saved. I just renamed the contact then!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My 6 pro has done this too, with a long distance call early in the morning with a 3 hour time difference. My Pixel was face down on the table 2 feet away from me.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, no word on updates or fixes? The assistant is one of the good features rendered useless having to turn it off, i suppose Google is busy making other features magically disappear and appear again?
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic