Due to high volumes, you may experience long wait times for customer support. We greatly appreciate your patience. For answers to top Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro FAQs, click here.

/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Pixel 4xl drops audio over BT. Still connected. Headset controls work. Audio plays on phone speaker
I've been having more and more issues as time goes on.

My BT connectivity is creating increasing problems for me.

Audio comes through my wireless headset just fine.  Then for no reason, disconnect for a split second and glitches the phone.  Sometimes pauses the audio/video as a disconnect had been seen.  It seems to recognize that the headset is connected still, but it routes the audio to play through the speakers in the phone.  I have play/pause control still through my BT headset buttons.  I can switch between "play through phone speakers or play through device" but both play through phone speakers.

I've flipped back and forth between all sorts of dev tool options.  Tried different BT devices.  Spent hours researching.  Haven't found anything that's a permanent fix.
For years now my audio has also cut out on youtube when an ad pops on.  I have to pause the video and hit play and audio returns.

Is this a firmware glitch?
Does anyone have a fix?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (15)
Relevant Answer
Same exact situation here with my Pixel 3XL and my Bluetooth headset and my car. Issue was rare at first, now it's systematic everytime I use a Bluetooth device.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here!
Google Pixel 4.

Been experiencing this for 2-3 weeks now.
In the beginning it would happens some times, my AirPods pro is connected, and it states that it plays music through AirPods, but the sound is coming from the phone speakers.

Now, for that last 4 days, I cannot, at all, get music to play in my AirPods. But it still says it is connected!
My AirPods works fine on my computer.

I have reset Network settings on my phone. Did'nt help.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can no longer use my BT from my phone.  Very annoyed.

Dev's, do you have a fix for this?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Also not receiving email notifications for this thread.  

Wish I would have seen others responses before resetting my phone last night.  Shucks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Well, that's insane. As soon as I uninstalled it the issue went away for me. Using Pixel 4 XL
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic