Due to high volumes, you may experience long wait times for customer support. We greatly appreciate your patience.

/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Pixel 4a Top Right Corner Cracked
I've brought a new Google Pixel 4a through Flipkart (India) and within 20 days the top right corner of the back cover got a crack!!! and I didn't dropped my Phone since I brought. So I got a doubt and I've searched the internet and I've found a Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/m12j16/pixel_4a_crack_top_right_corner/) in which the same problem occurred to so many people who brought the pixel 4a and got a crack at top right corner of the back cover after using some days.  So what should I do now will I get Warranty for this..?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (17)
Relevant Answer
Hello Sanka Gopi Krishna,

Welcome to the Google Pixel Community forum.  

You will need to contact Flipkart Support for advice/assistance.

Best,
Lilybell2

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello Sanka,

Flipkart gives 10 days replacement warranty, As it has been 20 days now and the replacement window is been closed so no you need to take the device to the authorized service center. But physical damages are not covered in the Manufacturing warranty.

I would still suggest you contact the support they might assist you further

I suggest you contact the support from the below link and they will guide you further 
support

Thanks.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am also facing the same issue in my for a which i bought nearly 1 month ago,  this is happening with many customers but Google is not accepting it as a manufacturing damage. My phone is also cracked from top right corner without a single drop,  hardly used for 25 days. Totally worst experience with Google. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This happened to me as well. My 4 month pixel showed a crack exactly on that spot. When I reached out to google, they said physical damage is not covered and they cancelled my warranty. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Rajarshi,  actually this a manufacturing damage which Google Team also knows very well. But as you know they don't even diagnose there products by there own and sends it directly to the third party, this show what kind of after purchase services they give to customers. This must be going to stop soon and Google has to accept that Pixel 4a top right edge crack is a manufacturing defect.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, Google is saying send to B2X,They will inspect & then tell If it's physical damage or not.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Don't do this mistake and before sending your device make video of your phone and take pictures of every part, and Google doesn't diagnose by it's own,  they send it directly to B2X which is against the policy of any brand. They will charge you heavily. Just file a complaint online in consumer court court free cost.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My Pixel Experience 

I bought Pixel 4a from Flipkart on May 7th exchanging my OnePlus 6T which could have survived another year, but as the device became more sluggish after the recent update I had to change it.

Once I got the Pixel 4a, I felt this is what I was looking for from many years with Compact Design. But initially I didn’t find any issues but during Whatsapp Video Calls front camera was going  complete blacked out. In the beginning I thought it might be some Whatsapp issues but it took me 15 days to figure out that Front Camera is not working properly. The more I try to use front camera the whole Camera app used to crash.

I did whatever I can do at my end. I cleared Cache, data of Camera App ; Hard reset of phone; Flashing Android 12 beta thinking it might be some ROM issue; Flashing back to Android 11 Stable but nothing really worked out.

Next I contacted pixel support and raised a Ticket for repair. The device was intact without any physical damage and it was only 15 - 10 days old. Anyhow I sent the device to B2X Mumbai. B2X took 1 week to diagnose and the report came shocking.

B2X gave a report that Back Glass is damaged and billed me 6.5k. If I want I can repair or they will send my device unrepaired. As they are in Mumbai and I am 800 kms away I can’t do much. I paid the money to continue repair process. But I asked Google Support to send me the images of Broken Black Glass( Back glass is the crack you all referring to) but till now it’s been 3 days and Google Support says they need more time to send the images 

I am not sure how much more time B2X needs to complete the repair. I am stuck without having a replacement device but luckily using my 8 years old iPhone 5S which I had thrown somewhere and luckily it switched on. 

So finally I am still in a dilemma whether should I continue using Pixel 4a after I receive or should I go for other brands which have physical repair centres like Samsung, Apple.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Brother my device is with B2X team from last 7 days,  and i am damn sure agar ek bar device B2X k pass gya to vo or issue create krke money extract kregi,  i also bought it on May 6 from flipkart and received it on 8th may. You need to file a complaint against it in consumer court Online it's free of cost, i have done it too.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I too have that corner crack issue from the 3rd day.
Last week I approached the google support team,
After several conversations, They approved for free replacement.

So,The only way is to explaining them the situation and request them to replace it for free.

I hope this makes you clear to get free replacement from them.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic