Pixel 2 xl charging turns off device1 Recommended Answer
Sending out a replacement in a few days.
Good experience so far.
The experience is universal regardless of the charging source. I've attempted charging with 8 different USB chargers, 2 USB-C chargers, 2 Apple laptops (USB and USB-C) and 2 USB battery packs.
My phone is not warm whatsoever.
In an attempt to identify if there is a problem with the physical USB-C port on the phone, I used the following process:
1. I lay the phone on a table with the charging cable plugged in.
2. I secure the cable to make sure the port doesn't experience any movement.
3. I then carefully attach the USB cable to power to the power source.
Regardless of the power source, the phone shuts off immediately upon plugging in and displays the large battery image to indicate charging.
The Safe Mode boot worked the first couple of times for me, allowing charging in Safe Mode and with the original charger after a reboot out of Safe Mode. This has now stopped working...
Now I have to turn the phone off, hold volume down + power to enter bootloader, enter recovery mode, select reboot, and then charging works again. For some reason, this reboot option seems to be different from a restart or shutdown/turn on method.
• Cheap 2m USB-C charging cable with 12W power supply turns the phone off
• Power bank with above cheap USB-C cable DOES NOT turn the phone off
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.