Go to Home screen
First, choose how to get around. Then, learn how to move around.
- Gesture navigation: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- 2-button navigation: Tap Home .
- 3-button navigation: Tap Home .
You can have more than one Home screen. Swipe right or left to move between them.
Customize your Home screen
Change info at the top
At the top of your main Home screen, you'll see "At A Glance" information for where you are and what you're doing. For example, you could see the date, weather, or what's next on your calendar.
To change what shows there:
- Touch and hold that space.
- Tap Preferences .
Change apps at the bottom
At the bottom of your screen, you'll see a row of favorite apps.
- Remove a favorite app: From your favorites, touch and hold the app that you'd like to remove. Drag it to another part of the screen. Lift your finger.
- Add a favorite app: Swipe up to the top from the bottom of your screen. Touch and hold an app. Move the app into an empty spot with your favorites. Lift your finger.
Change other Home screen settings
- On your Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- Tap Home settings.
Search on your Home screen
Use search and "Ok Google"
- To type your search, tap the Google icon .
- To speak your search, or to tell your phone to do something, say "Ok Google." You can also tap the Assistant icon. Learn about your Google Assistant.
Turn search bar animations on or off
- Touch and hold the search bar.
- Tap More Preferences.
- Turn Searchbox effects on or off.