See two apps at the same time on Pixel phone
Depending on the app, you can sometimes use more than one app at once. You can also watch a video in a small window while you do other things.
Note: If you have a Pixel 2 or Pixel (2016), turn on "Swipe up on Home button." You can find it in your Settings app, under System Gestures Swipe up on Home button.
- Open an app.
- From the bottom of your screen, swipe up to the middle.
- Touch and hold the app's icon.
- Tap Split screen.
- You'll see two screens. In the second screen, tap another app.
To see one app again: Drag the bar between the apps to the top or bottom of your screen.
With some apps, like Google Maps or YouTube, you can view the app in a small window while using other apps. For example, you can watch a video while doing something else.
- On your device, open an app and play a video.
- Depending on the video app, either:
- Tap Home .
- Tap Picture-in-picture .
- Open the other app you'd like to use.
- To close the video, drag the video off the bottom of the screen.
You can drag the video window anywhere on the screen. To make the video big again, tap the video Full screen .
Turn off picture-in-picture for an app
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications Advanced Special app access Picture-in-picture.
- Tap an app.
- Turn off Allow picture-in-picture.