Watch a video while doing something else
With some apps, like Google Play Movies, you can watch a video in a small window while you do other things.
How to keep watching a video and use a different app depends on the video app.
- On your device, open an app and play a video.
- Depending on the video app, either:
- Tap Home . If you don't see , tap .
- Tap Picture-in-picture .
- To close the video, drag the video off the bottom of the screen.
You can drag the video window anywhere on the screen. To make the video big again, tap the video Full screen .
Turn off picture-in-picture for an app
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications Advanced Special app access Picture-in-picture.
- Tap an app.
- Turn off Allow picture-in-picture.