Charge your Pixel phone
Pixel phones charge with USB-C cables. For best results, use the power adapter that came with your phone.
It’s good to fully charge the battery of a new Pixel phone. After that, charge as much or as little as needed. (You don’t have to go from full to zero charge, or from zero to full charge.)
- Plug either end of the USB-C cable into the port on the bottom of your phone.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the power adapter that came with your phone.
- Plug your power adapter into a power outlet.
How to charge quickly
- Use the power adapter that came with your phone and plug into a wall outlet. Other power sources, like laptops, can charge more slowly.
- You can use your phone while charging. To charge faster, don't use it while charging.
Which power adapters and cables to use
- Pixel phones use USB-C with USB 2.0 power adapters and cables.
- To charge your Pixel phone with a USB-A power adapter, use a USB-C to USB-A cable. This will charge your Pixel phone more slowly than USB-C.
- Other Android cables and power adapters might not work with Pixel phones.
- Pixel (2016) and Pixel 2 (2017) phones can't charge wirelessly.
Hear when your phone is charging
- Make sure your phone's ring sound is turned on. Learn how to change your phone volume.
- Open your phone's Settings app .
- Tap Sound Advanced.
- Turn on Charging sounds.
- When you plug in your phone, you'll hear a sound.
Note: If your phone is muted or on vibrate, you won't hear a sound.
- The battery can’t be removed. The phone shouldn't be opened, except by authorized repair services.
- The power adapter varies by country or region.
- The power adapter has a maximum output of 18 W (9 V / 2 A).