Manage screen & display settings
You can change your screen's brightness, font size, display size, rotation settings, and more.
Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 8.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Display.
- Tap the setting that you want to change. To see more settings, tap Advanced.
Tip: Learn how to quickly change common settings, like some display settings.
- Brightness level
To set your screen's brightness, tap Brightness level and move the slider .
- Adaptive brightness
To automatically fit your screen's brightness to the light around you, turn on Adaptive brightness. This is on by default. You can change your brightness while adaptive brightness is on.
- Night Light (Pixel phones only)
You can make it easier to look at your phone in dim light. Learn how to use Night Light.
Pick from default wallpapers, live wallpapers, and your photos. Learn how to change your wallpaper.
Change how long it takes for your device’s screen to go black when you’re not using it.
- Screen saver
Set a screen saver to show photos, colorful backgrounds, and more while your device is charging. Learn how to use screen savers.
- Colors (Pixel 2 only)
- Natural: See the most accurate colors.
- Boosted: See accurate colors with more vividness. This is on by default.
- Saturated: See the most vivid colors.
- Ambient display
- Always on (Pixel 2 only): See the time and some other info even when your screen is off. Learn how to turn "Always on" off or on.
- Double-tap to check phone: Quickly see certain info when you tap your screen twice. Learn how to use gestures.
- Lift to check phone: Quickly see your notifications when you pick up your phone. Learn how to use gestures.
- New notifications: See new notifications on your lock screen. Learn how to control notifications.
- Font size
Change the size of words on your screen.
- Display size
Make the items on your screen smaller or larger.
- Auto-rotate screen
Turn what's showing on the screen when you turn your device. If you've turned off "Auto-rotate screen" in accessibility settings, this option won't show.
- When device is in VR mode (Pixel phones only)
Change whether your device reduces blur or flicker when in VR mode.