- Restarting itself.
- Running slow.
Important: Safe mode removes some Home screen widgets. If you use widgets, take a screenshot to help you put them back.
- Press and hold your device's Power button.
- On your screen, touch and hold Power off . Tap OK.
- After you see "Safe mode" at the bottom of your screen, wait to see if the problem goes away.
- Press your phone's power button.
- When the animation starts, press and hold your phone's volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
- You'll see "Safe mode" at the bottom of your screen.
- Use your phone normally and check if the problem goes away.
- If it does, an app is likely causing your problem. Go to step 3 below.
- If the problem doesn't go away, an app isn't causing your problem. See a list of other troubleshooting solutions.
- On most phones, press your phone's power button for about 30 seconds, or until your phone restarts.
- On the screen, you might need to tap Restart .
Tip: To help identify which apps are causing problems, make a list of the apps you force stop.