On your Pixelbook, you can set the cursor to automatically take action when the cursor stops moving for a certain amount of time. This feature can be helpful for users with motor impairments.
Turn on automatic clicks
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings Advanced.
- Under “Accessibility,” select Manage accessibility features.
- Under “Mouse and touchpad,” turn on Automatically click when the mouse cursor stops.
- (Optional) Customize your automatic click settings:
- Delay before click: Choose how long your device pauses before it automatically clicks.
- Stabilize click location: Keep your ring in one place until your cursor moves outside of it.
- Revert to left click after action: Automatically return to left click after other actions, like right click or double click.
- Movement threshold: To click items within a certain range, adjust the size of your ring.
To click without physically pressing your mouse or touchpad, point to the object you want to click.
Use different types of clicks
After you turn on automatic clicks, you can customize the actions your clicks take.
- At the bottom right, choose an action from the menu:
- Left-click .
- Right-click .
- Double-click .
- Click and drag .
- Toggle menu position .
- Point to where you want to perform the action.
To stop automatic clicks, select No action (pause) .
Scroll as you hover
- In the automatic clicks menu, select Scroll . Another menu will appear with scroll options.
- Point to the scroll action you want to perform:
Tip: To change where you scroll, hover over a new scrollbar or page until the scroll menu moves to that area.