Pixelbooks automatically manage updates (when connected to the internet) so that your device runs on the latest operating system (OS).
End of support notification
If you get a "Final software update" notification, you can still use your device, but you will stop receiving Chrome OS updates. These auto updates include:
- Security updates, bug fixes, and new features. Existing features may stop working.
- Software updates to fix issues. These issues will not be fixed by Google Support.
- Support for certain apps & extensions that require specific OS versions.
Auto Update Expiration policy
- Each device has an Auto Update Expiration (AUE) date listed; this means that before this date, devices will receive new software updates from Google.
- Google will provide advanced notice of a model's AUE date to give buyers time to make purchase decisions. Please check the Auto Update Expiration date when making a purchasing decision.
- Chrome device models that have not reached their AUE date will continue to receive OS updates.
- When a device reaches AUE, it means that automatic software updates from Google will no longer be provided.
- The End of Sale date has no relation to model’s AUE date.
Auto Update expiration dates for Google ChromeOS devices
|Product||Auto Update Expiration date|
|Pixel Slate||Jun 2026|
|Pixelbook Go||Jun 2026|