Use your Pixelbook as a kiosk
If you're a developer, you can use a Pixelbook to develop kiosk apps.
What you need
- A device that is managed by an administrator. For more information, see Related articles.
- You'll need to buy a Chrome Enterprise, Chrome Education, or single-app kiosk device management license. To learn the cost and how to purchase a license, contact any authorized reseller.
Before you begin
Before you turn on kiosk mode, make sure to:
- Download a kiosk app from the Chrome Web Store or create your own.
- Check if your device is managed. For more information, see Related articles.
Note: If you're using your device at work or school and want to use it to develop kiosk apps, ask your administrator to go to the Chrome admin panel and change your kiosk settings.
Turn on kiosk mode
- If you haven't yet, sign in to your device.
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, select More .
- Choose More tools Extensions.
- Turn on Developer Mode.
- Select Manage kiosk applications.
- In the "Add kiosk application" box, enter the ID of the kiosk app you'd like to turn on.
- Select Add.
- Select Done.
Next, open the kiosk app:
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow .
- Select your kiosk app.
- To set up your kiosk app, follow the steps in the app.
Turn off kiosk mode
- Turn off your device, then turn it back on.
- While the device is starting up, press Ctrl + Alt + s.
Kiosk mode will turn off, and the regular sign-in screen will show.