Find your Pixelbook's owner account
Your Pixelbook's owner has extra permissions that other accounts on your Pixelbook don't have. Only the owner can change certain settings, such as:
- Time zone
- Sign-in permissions
- Wi-Fi network preferences
Check if your account is the owner
If you're using your device at work or school, your device administrator is the owner of your device. In other cases, the first Google Account used on the device is the owner.
- If you haven't yet, sign in to your device.
- In the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings
- In the "People" section, select Manage other people.
- If your account is the owner, you can turn these settings on or off. If another account is the owner, you'll see one of these messages:
- "These settings may only be modified by the owner"
- "These settings are controlled by enterprise policy"
It's not possible to transfer owner permissions to another account on your device.
To change the owner of your device:
- Reset your device to factory settings. This process will erase all data, files, and accounts on your device.
- Set up your device again, signing in with the account that you want as the owner.
To learn how to reset and set up your device, see Related articles.
Note: If you're using your device at work or school, your administrator is the owner. You can't reset your device or change its owner.