Make calls with Google Duo on your Pixelbook
Making calls with Google Duo requires a Wi-Fi connection, and may use mobile data if your Pixelbook is connected to a mobile hotspot, but it does not require a mobile phone plan or use mobile minutes.
Start a new video or audio call
- If you don't already have Duo on your device, install and set up the Duo app.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow
- Open Duo.
- Choose Video or Audio
- Select a contact.
- When you're done, select End Call
Answer or decline Duo calls
- Select Accept call.
- Select Decline call.
- The caller's device will stop ringing and show that you're unavailable.
- Silence your device: Select your account photo. Then select Volume . When your device is muted, you'll see .
Note: If you've connected your phone number to any Google services, you may be automatically registered with other products, like Google Duo. Learn how to stop getting all Duo calls.