When you buy a new Pixelbook, you can also get some free trials and other special offers. If you try to redeem an offer and have problems, try these steps.
Note: If you're using your device at work or school, you might not be able to redeem some offers. For more help, contact your administrator.
Step 1: Check if you're eligible
First, make sure all of the following applies to you:
- Your device is brand new. Used, refurbished, open-box, and pre-owned device aren't eligible for offers.
- You've never redeemed the offer before. You can redeem each offer once per device, or once per Google Account, depending on the offer.
Next, check which offers you're eligible for:
- Open the Offers page.
- Next to the offer you want, select Terms apply.
- Read the offer terms and conditions, which will explain if you're eligible or not.
Third, check if you're within the time limits:
You must redeem your offers within 180 days after the first account was added to your device. If you don't claim the offers within this time limit, they expire.
Step 2: Check if your device is working properly
Make sure that:
- You're signed in to your device (you can't redeem offers in incognito or guest mode)
- Your device is connected to the internet
- Your device is running the latest version of Chrome OS (must be version 23 and up)
For more information on connecting to the internet and getting the latest version of Chrome OS, see Related articles.
Step 3: Fix a problem
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- Sometimes, our redemption server goes down temporarily. Wait a few hours, then try to redeem the offer again.
- If you're using an external monitor, unplug it from your device, then try to redeem the offer.
- Sometimes, certain Chrome extensions can block an offer. Turn off any extensions you have on, then try to redeem the offer. Learn how to turn off Chrome extensions.
If you try these steps but still can't redeem the offer, contact us.
You might see one of these error messages:
- "You can only redeem this offer once per device, and it has already been redeemed": This means that someone has already redeemed the offer on your device.
- "The offer has already been redeemed by your Google Account" or "[Your email address] already has unlimited storage": These messages can mean that your Google Account isn't eligible for the offer, you already redeemed the offer on this device or the offer was redeemed on a different device with the same Google Account. You can't redeem the offer again using this account.
If you're seeing one of these messages and you don't think it applies to you, contact us.
Your new Drive storage can take up to 10 minutes to appear. Then you'll see your new storage space at drive.google.com/settings.
Sorry, that's not allowed. The offer is credited to the Google Account you were using when you redeemed it.