Google Home, Pixelbook respond to "OK Google"
If you’re near your Google Home device and Pixelbook (or any device with Google Assistant enabled), only Google Home should respond to "Ok Google." If your Pixelbook also responds, here’s how you can try fixing the issue.
Step 1: Add the same account to both devices
If you have multiple Google Accounts, add the account you used to set up Google Home to your Pixelbook. Note: If the device that's responding isn't yours, then these steps won’t fix the issue.
Follow these instructions, then come back to this page.
- If you’re signed in to your Pixelbook, sign out by clicking your account photo in the lower right corner Sign out.
- At the bottom of your screen, click Add person.
- Follow the steps to add your account. After you add the account, you don’t need to stay signed in
Step 2: How to use "Ok Google"
Talk to Google Home
- Say "Ok Google." (Your Pixelbook shouldn’t respond.)
Talk to your Pixelbook
- When you’re at home, follow the steps below.
- When you’re not at home, say "Ok Google."
- On your Pixelbook, press the key.
- Say or type a command or question.
Get help for Google Home
Visit the help forum
You can ask questions and find answers in the Google Home Help Forum.
- Go to the Google Home Help Center.
- At the top right, tap Contact us.
- Choose how you want to talk with us.