What you can ask the Google Assistant on your Pixelbook
You can ask your Google Assistant for information and for help with everyday tasks.
Start a conversation
There are a few ways to reach your Google Assistant:
- Keyboard: Press the key on your keyboard.
- Voice: Say “Ok Google" or "Hey Google" (you’ll need to set this up first).
- Touchscreen: Touch and hold the Launcher .
- Pixelbook Pen: Press and hold the Assistant button on the Pixelbook Pen* while circling an item on-screen. You can also tap the pen along the bottom of your screen, choose Assistant, and circle the item you want to know more about. Learn more about the Pixelbook Pen.
*Pixelbook Pen is sold separately.
Examples of what you can ask
To get ideas, ask "What can you do?" Your Assistant can help you:
Get more from what’s on your screen
With the Pixelbook Pen, you can get more information about what’s on your screen with one click of the pen’s Google Assistant button.
- Calendar: Create an event in your calendar from a something on your screen.
- Locations: Get more info and directions to landmarks, restaurants, and addresses.
- Music: When listening to Spotify or Pandora*, learn more about an artist or watch their videos.
- People: Circle a photo of a celebrity to discover more about them.
*Subscriptions(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
Get local info
- Weather: What’s the weather today?
- Food: Find pizza restaurants nearby.
- Business hours: Is Walgreens still open?
Plan your day
- Traffic: How’s the traffic to work?
- Reminders: Remind me to do laundry when I get home. Remind me to call Mom on Sunday.
- Flights: Is United flight 1463 on time?
- Make reservations: Make a reservation for two at Cascal next week.
See photos & media
- Photos: Show my pictures of the beach.
- Music: Play some Jazz on Pandora. Next song. Listen to Sinatra on Spotify.*
- Video: Watch a cute puppy video on YouTube.
*Subscriptions(s) may be required for Spotify and Pandora. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
- Game updates: Who won the Warriors game?
- Calculations: What’s 20% of 80?
- Dictionary: What does "gregarious" mean?
- Translations: How do I say "Nice to meet you" in French?
- Search: Search for summer vacation ideas.
- Image: Find pictures of kittens.
- Web answer: How do you remove wine stains from a rug?
Control your smart home
- Lights: Dim the living room lights.
- Thermostats: Set the heat to 70. Lower the temperature 2 degrees.
Get around your Pixelbook
Turn features on/off: Turn on WiFi. Turn off bluetooth.
Adjust settings: Increase the volume. Decrease the brightness.
- Get to know your Assistant: Do you dream? What's your favorite color?
- Games: Let’s play a game. Give me a trivia question.
- Entertainment: Tell me a joke. Tell me something interesting.
Ali is a Pixelbook expert and the author of this page. Leave her feedback below about this page.