What you can ask the Google Assistant on your Pixelbook
You can ask your Google Assistant for information and for help with everyday tasks on your Pixelbook.
Start a conversation
There are a few ways to reach your Google Assistant:
- Pixelbook or Pixel Slate Keyboard: Press the key on your keyboard.
- Voice: Say “Ok Google" or "Hey Google" (you'll need to set this up first).
- Touchscreen: Touch and hold the Launcher
- Pixelbook Pen: Press and hold the Assistant button on the Pixelbook Pen1 while circling an item on-screen. You can also tap the pen along the bottom of your screen, choose Assistant, and circle the item you want to know more about.
- Chrome OS-compatible keyboard: Press + a
- Windows or Mac keyboard: Command/Windows + a
For more information on setting up Google Assistant and the Pixelbook Pen, see Related articles.
1Pixelbook Pen is sold separately.
Examples of what you can ask
To get ideas, ask "What can you do?" Your Assistant can help you:
Get local info
- Weather: What's the weather today?
- Food: Find pizza restaurants nearby.
- Business hours: Is Walgreens still open?
Plan your day
- Traffic: How's the traffic to work?
- Reminders: Remind me to call Mom on Sunday.
- Flights: Is United flight 1463 on time?
See photos & media
- Photos: Show my pictures of the beach.
- Music: Play some Jazz on Pandora. Listen to Hip Hop on Spotify.1
- Video: Watch sneezing pandas on YouTube.
1Subscriptions(s) may be required for Spotify and Pandora. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
- Game updates: Who won the Warriors game?
- Calculations: What's 20% of 80?
- Dictionary: What does "gregarious" mean?
- Translations: How do I say "Nice to meet you" in French?
- Search: Search for summer vacation ideas.
- Image: Find pictures of kittens.
- Web answer: How do you remove wine stains from a rug?
Control your smart home
- Lights: Dim the living room lights.
- Thermostats: Set the heat to 70. Lower the temperature 2 degrees.
Get around your device
Turn features on/off: Turn on Wi-Fi. Turn off Bluetooth.
Adjust settings: Increase the volume. Decrease the brightness.
- Get to know your Assistant: Do you dream? What's your favorite color?
- Entertainment: Tell me a joke. Tell me something interesting.