Find info and get things done on your Pixelbook with the help of the Google Assistant. Using voice or text, you can ask it questions and tell it to do things. Do even more with the Google Pixelbook Pen.1 Here's just some of what the Google Assistant can do for you.
1Pixelbook Pen is sold separately.
Perform common tasks
Save time by asking your Google Assistant to take care of day-to-day tasks. Here are a few things the Assistant can do for you:
- Get to web content: Ask the Google assistant to "Open the Wikipedia Website" or even specific content like "World cup champions on Wikipedia" or "Show me Niagra Falls on Tripadvisor."
- Manage your calendar: Get a lunch invitation? Ask the Google Assistant to show your schedule for that day on Google Calendar so you can see if you're free. Once you've got a plan, use the Google Assistant to add the event to your calendar. Say, "Ok, Google, add dinner to my calendar on Saturday at 8pm."
- Set reminders: Don't miss a thing when using the Google Assistant to remind you on the time and day of your choosing. Or stay on track by asking the Google Assistant to set a timer. Say or type, "Remind me to do laundry when I get home."
- Send an email: Ask the Google Assistant to create and send emails to your contacts. Say, "Ok Google, send an email to Sue saying, 'I'll see you later this afternoon.'"
- Create a shopping list: Want to add an item to your shopping list? The Google Assistant can take that off your plate and keep you on task. Say or type, "Add cereal and bread to my shopping list."
- Have some fun: Take a break from the day-to-day and ask the Assistant to "tell a Joke" or "recite a poem." If you prefer to listen to some retro tunes, try "Play 80's hits on Youtube."
Control your media and smart home devices
Whether it's with music, movies, or your thermostat, the Google Assistant can help you customize your surroundings. Use your voice for a totally hands-free experience. Here are a few things you can ask the Assistant to do:
- Watch a video on YouTube or Netflix
- Play a song from your favorite band
- Adjust your thermostat or turn on the lights through your smart home devices. To learn more, see Related articles.
If your device is open, in sleep mode, and doesn't require a password to unlock, your voice command will awaken your device. If your device does require a password, you'll need to enter it before giving your voice command.