Name tag visibility
If you've signed up for Google+
When you sign up for Google+, the visibility for existing Picasa Web name tags is locked in the current state (either visible to the public or private to the owner). New tags created in Google+ or Picasa Web Albums will be visible to anyone that can see the photo. Learn more
If you haven't signed up for Google+
You can choose the name tag visibility default across your entire account, and you can also control it on an album by album basis. Here's how:
Set your name tag visibility defaults
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner and choose Photos settings.
- Click on the Privacy and Permissions tab.
- Choose your default name tag visiblity setting for both public or limited albums.
- Click the Save changes button.
Show or hide name tags for specific albums
- Open the album.
- Click the Actions menu.
- Select Album Properties.
- Under 'Advanced permissions,' select your name tag visibility.