There are several ways to upload photos to Picasa Web Albums - different options built to cater to the various ways in which people get photos online: the Picasa software, within Picasa Web Albums, an iPhoto plugin for Picasa, via your Android mobile phone, or using email upload. This article will focus on email upload.
Use email upload to upload photos to Picasa Web Albums by sending them to a secret email address, especially useful from your mobile device. This allows you to stream and caption photos on-the-go. To get started, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your acount at http://picasaweb.google.com/.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner and choose Photos settings.
- On the General tab, in the "Upload photos by email" section, select the "Allow me to upload photos by email." checkbox.
- Enter a "secret word," 6-15 characters long. As you enter this word, an email address appears.
- Click the Save changes button.
- To email upload your photos, just attach them to an email message and send it to the newly-created address.
Use the email "Subject" line to add captions or to include the photos in a specific album. If the email "Subject" line matches an existing online album title, your photos will be uploaded to that album. Otherwise the 'Subject' line will instead be added as a caption and the photos will be placed in the Drop Box album. Learn more about the Drop Box album.