How to map
Below are instructions for assigning map locations for albums and individual photos in Picasa Web Albums.
For entire albums:
- From the My Photos page, click on the album you'd like to map.
- Click Actions > Album properties.
- In the 'Place Taken' field, enter the name of a place (such as a city name, address, or ZIP code) and click Show location on map. Use the accompanying map to help specify the location by dragging and dropping the marker to the appropriate spot.
- Click Save Changes.
For a single photo:
- When viewing an individual photo, click the Add Location link on the right side of the page. If a location has already been added to the photo, the link will appear as Edit Location.
- Enter the name of a place (such as a city name, address, or ZIP code). Use the accompanying map to help specify the location by dragging and dropping the marker to the appropriate spot.
- Click Save Location.
For multiple photos in the same album:
Open the album map to add, edit and view the locations of all your photos on the map.
- Click in to the album from the My Photos page.
- Click Actions > Album map.
- Enter a location and click Go. If you've previously mapped photos, click the Edit Map get back to it.
- Drag and drop photos from the left pane onto the map. You can also select a photo in the left pane and then click a location on the map - no dragging required.
If you make a mistake, simply drag the photo marker to the correct location.