Do more with Picasa & Picasa Web Albums
You can add captions, locations, sync your changes and more to your photos in Picasa and Picasa Web Albums.
PicasaSync your changes
- On the right of an album, turn on the "Sync to Web" switch.
- Click the arrow next to the "Upload" button. Select Enable Sync.
- Click Tools > Options (Windows) or Picasa > Preferences (Mac).
- Select Printing.
- Under "Available Print Sizes," choose your print size layouts.
- Click OK.
- Ctrl-A: Select all photos in a folder/album
- Ctrl-D: Deselect photos
- Home: Select the first photo in your folder/album
- End: Select the last photo in your folder/album
- Ctrl-H: Hold selected photos in photo tray
- Ctrl-N: Create a new album
- F1: View Help articles
Use these shortcuts to save time in Picasa:
- Command-A: Select all photos in a folder/album
- Command-D: Deselect photos
- fn-left arrow: Select the first photo in your folder/album
- fn-right arrow: Select the last photo in your folder/album
- Command-N: Create a new album
- fn-F1: View Help articles
Picasa Web AlbumsAdd captions
To add captions to all photos in an album, click Edit > Captions.
For a single photo
- Open a photo.
- Click Add Location.
- Enter the location and drag the marker to specify it on the map.
- Click Save Location.
Map an album
- On "My Photos," click the album to map.
- Select Actions > Album properties.
- In "Place Taken," enter the place where the photos were taken.
- Click Show location on map. Drag the marker to specify the location.
- Click Save Changes.
- Open the photo to embed.
- On the right, click Link to this Photo.
- Set your image size.
- In "Embed Image," copy the HTML and paste it in the source code on your site.
- On "My Photos," click your album.
- On the right, click Link to this album.
- In "Paste HTML to embed in website," copy the HTML and paste it in the source code for your site.
- Follow steps 1–2 above for Albums.
- Select Embed Slideshow.
- Set the slideshow settings.
- Copy the HTML and paste it in the source code on your site.
Albums must be set to "public," or "limited, anyone with the link."
Buy Google storage to store more images and videos.
Under a person's profile photo and name, click Follow to receive updates when they add new photos.