Automatic and manual updates
You can manually check for Picasa updates by clicking Help > Check for Updates. Automatic updates can be controlled in the following ways:Windows
Picasa for Windows is set to update automatically by default to help you take advantage of the most recent fixes and improvements. You can adjust your automatic update settings by following the steps below:
- In Picasa, click Tools > Options.
- Click the General tab.
- In the 'Automatic Updates' drop-down menu, select your preferred updating scheme:
- 'Update Picasa automatically'
- 'Ask before downloading updates'
- 'Don't check for updates'
- Click the OK button.
Picasa for Mac does not have an automatic update control. When an update is available, you'll simply be prompted to accept or decline.