iPhoto Exporter How-to
To upload your photos from iPhoto, please follow these steps:
- Open iPhoto and select the photos you want to upload.
- Choose File > Export. For some versions of iPhoto, you will need to select Share > Export.
- In the Export Photos dialog box, click Picasa Web Albums. If prompted, sign in with your Picasa Web Albums username and password.
- To upload to a new Picasa Web album, click New Album and enter a name and description. To upload to an existing album, click Existing Album, and choose an album from the pop-up menu.
- Click Export to upload your photos.
- Upload an entire album at once by selecting an album in iPhoto's Source List on the left side of the page.
- Comments added in iPhoto will be uploaded to Picasa Web Albums along with the photos.
- Checking the box next to 'Make Picasa Web Albums tags from iPhoto keywords' to convert iPhoto keywords to tags in Picasa Web Albums.
- Upload your photos faster and save storage space by choosing from one of the options on the 'Scale Large Photos' drop-down menu. Here are your options:
- Actual: Same size as original file on disk, preserves all photo metadata, such as camera type and exposure settings
- Better Quality (1600 pixels): Great for prints, sharing online albums, or for use as a screensaver
- Fastest Upload (1000 pixels): Good for sharing online albums with friends and family