To get the most accurate representation of how much Sharpen is actually being applied, you need to apply the Sharpen edit to your image at output size ( the size at which you'll share, print, export) while viewing the photo at actual size. Follow these steps:
- Before editing, export your images to resize all images to the size at which you'll share, print, or otherwise output.
- In the edit room in Picasa, apply all edits other than Sharpen.
- Zoom in to a one-to-one ratio by clicking the 1:1 button in the edit room.
- Apply Sharpen as the final edit.
- Save, share, export or otherwise output your images.