You can search Picasa to locate your photos based on keyword, filter for criteria like geotags, or photos containing a particular color. Use the search box or create preset search filters:
- Folder or album names
- Camera maker
- Date (i.e. 'November' or '2008')
- Starred photos: Shows all starred photos.
- Uploaded photos: Displays photos uploaded to Picasa Web Albums.
- People: Displays pictures where Picasa has detected a face.
- Movies: Presents all movie files.
- Geotags: Shows you all photos with geotags applied.
Search by color
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select Experimental.
- Click Search for.
- Select the color you'd like to search for.
All photos included in the search results will be grouped together in a temporary album, accessible in your Folder List under the Albums collection. You can perform any normal action (i.e. upload, email, BlogThis!) on the photos included in this album. The search results remain until you reset the search. You can reset a search by clicking the Back to View All button in the green bar at the top of the Library.