Change Picasa settings
You can adjust your settings in Picasa by selecting Tools > Options (Windows) or Picasa > Preferences (Mac). The different tabs are laid out below, along with the settings that they control:General
- Control automatic updates (Windows only).
- Change display language (Windows only).
- Adjust hard drive location for imported photos.
- Adjust your default import program (Mac only).
- Control other assorted settings:
- Automatically detect duplicate files while importing.
- Use special effects in user interface. This allows Picasa to perform smooth transitions while rotating, applying edits, or previewing a photo.
- Show tooltips (Windows) or help tags (Mac). Help boxes appear over buttons and features in Picasa.
- Single-click to exit 'Edit View.' This lets you exit the 'Edit Photos' screen with one click.
- Clear cache files for your default browser. This can help prevent problems when emailing or uploading photos.
- Delete from disk without confirmation.
- Remove from album without confirmation.
Use this tab to adjust the way in which you attach and send photos and videos:
Quickly modify which file types Picasa recognizes and displays.
All network settings, including proxy and network log level, can be adjusted on this tab.
Use this tab to adjust your photo upload settings:
- Choose your default upload size: Pick from original size, 1600, 1024 or 640 pixels.
- Set the default privacy level for albums uploaded to Picasa Web Albums.
- Add a watermark to all uploaded photos.
- Adjust 'Sync to Web' settings:
- Sync starred photos: Sync to Web will only sync photos to which you've applied a star.
- Sync confirmations: Turn sync confirmation dialogs on and off.
- Sync photo order: Move photos in Picasa and the changes will apply to synced online albums.