Transfer photos to a different Picasa Web Albums account
Follow these steps to transfer your existing photos, videos, likes, and followers to a different Picasa Web Albums account.
Note: Once a transfer has completed, it can't be undone. After you transfer photos and videos to a new Picasa account, you won't be able to transfer to another Picasa account in the future.
- Open Picasa Web Albums.
- At the upper right corner, click the gear icon > Settings.
- Click Privacy and Permissions > Migrate my photos at the bottom.
- Enter the email address to which you'd like to transfer your photos. If this address isn't already a Google Account, we'll ask you to create one. Note: You can't use your former Picasa Web Albums username as your new Google Account username. Also, the tool won't overwrite your photos even if your target account has existing photos and videos.
- Click Send email with transfer instructions.
- Check your email at your original address.
- Click the link in the email and follow the steps to complete the transfer.
The transfer happens on our servers so there's no download then re-upload required by you, but depending on how many photos and videos you have, this transfer may take up to 24 hours to complete. We'll send you an email when the transfer is finished.
Some comments on photos may be lost when the photos are transferred.
- Photo view count
A photo's view count will reset to zero when the photo transferred.
- Links & images
Existing links and embedded images from your old account will continue to work after the transfer because they'll be redirected.
- If you use Blogger
You can keep your Blogger photos in the old account or transfer them to the new one. If you transfer Blogger photos to the new account, be sure to add the new account as an author on your blog. Learn more
- Sync to Web
Albums that were previously 'synced' between Picasa and Picasa Web Albums will not automatically be synced in your new account. You'll need to re-enable sync for the desired albums in the new account. Picasa will recognize previously synced albums and not create duplicates.
- Purchased storage
If you purchased Google storage for your old account, that storage will remain with your old account. However, you'll also have the same amount of storage - for photos only - available in the new account.