Using Google Analytics to track visits
You can integrate Google Analytics to monitor your Picasa Web Albums photo traffic. Please note that this is not a feature for the average bear. We recommend that you first gain some familiarity with Google Analytics to get the best results from this feature. Here's how you can use this tool to track your traffic:
I. Set up your Google Analytics account
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Follow the prompts to complete the account setup.
- For 'Website's URL', please use the following: http://picasaweb.google.com
- On the 'Analytics: Tracking Instructions' page, just click Save and Finish. You don't need to adjust your tracking options or copy/paste the code provided. Picasa Web Albums takes care of it for you.
II. Add your Analytics account number to Picasa Web Albums
- In Picasa Web Albums, click the gear icon in the top-right corner and choose Photo Settings.
- Click on the General tab.
- In the 'Photo tracking' section, check the box that says 'Track visits to my photos using Google Analytics.'
- Find your Google Analytics account number and enter it in the 'Google Analytics tracking code:' box. It looks like this: UA-xxxxxxx.
- Click Save changes.
Once the setup is complete, just sign in to Google Analytics and click View reports to see visitor stats for your photos. It can take up to 24 hours for Analytics to detect your tracking code.