Import photos from device
To add photos and videos to Picasa from a camera, CD/DVD, or memory card:
- Connect the device (camera, memory card, CD/DVD, scanner, etc.) to your computer.
- In Picasa, click the Import button.
- 'Import from': Select the source of your new photos (e.g. your camera). Your photos will show up divided into groups based on the time in which they were taken.
- 'Import to': Decide where you'd like to save the photos on your computer. If you choose 'date taken' as the folder title, your photos will be saved in separate folders by date.
- If you're importing from a camera or memory card, you'll have the following options in the 'After copying' section:
- Leave card alone: Nothing is deleted from your camera and memory card.
- Delete only copied photos: Only pictures that are imported will be deleted.
- Delete everything on card: All pictures that are found on your camera or memory card will be deleted.
- Rubber band select: Just click and drag your mouse over multiple photos to select them.
- Hold the Ctrl key (Windows) or Command key (Mac) as you select multiple photos.
- Click the clock icon to select all photos taken during a specific time period.