Organize photos in Picasa
Picasa organizes photos and groups people into folders and albums.
- Folders in Picasa are the same folders on your computer. Any changes you make on Picasa will affect folders on your computer.
- Albums exist only in Picasa, not on your computer. When you delete or move photos from an album, it doesn't affect folders on your computer.
- Picasa groups similar faces together to create albums.
Organize photos in folders and albumsCreate an album
You can combine photos from multiple folders into a single album. To create an album:
- Select the photos to include in the album and put them in the photo tray.
- In the photo tray, click Add Selected Items to an Album.
- Select "New album."
- Name the album and click OK.
To move your photos:
- Select the photos to move.
- Click a photo and drag your photos to a new folder or album.
If you have a large collection of photos, drag the photos to the folder list on the left. Drop them when the desired folder or album is highlighted.
You can organize and tag your photos according to the people in them with Picasa's face grouping technology. To tag people in your photos:
- Sign in to your Google Account or Web Albums.
- Add names in bulk or individually.
- In bulk: In the left menu, under "People", click Unnamed People. Type a name under a photo and it will be added to all photos of that face.
- To see the faces that appear in the photo, open a photo and click People .
- Picasa will create an album for each face tagged in "People".
To delete a tag, select a photo and click Remove.
If you have photos in multiple folders, here are a few ways to manage them:
- Click Tools > Folder Manager. Remove folders that may have the duplicates from your library.
- Right-click (Control-click on a Mac) duplicate photos and select Hide.
- Find duplicates and delete them from your computer.
- Rebuild your photo database.
To exclude duplicates while importing, select "Exclude Duplicates" at the bottom of the import page. A red X on a photo means the photo is already in Picasa.
To automatically exclude duplicates:
- Click Tools > Options (Windows) or Picasa > Preferences (Mac).
- Select General.
- Select Detect duplicates while importing.
- Click OK.