Name tags and Google Account contacts
Picasa, Picasa Web Albums, and Google+ use your Google Account contacts to auto-complete the names of your friends and family while name tagging. Your Google contacts are shared by several different Google products, including Gmail. With this in mind, please be aware of the following:
- If you create new contacts in Picasa, Picasa Web Albums, or Google+ they will automatically be added to your Google contacts.
- If you edit or delete Google Account contact information in Picasa, the action will be reflected in all products that use your Google contacts.
- Deleting a contact from your Google Account contact list (for example, in Gmail) will erase all related name tag information for those contacts.
- Go to Tools > People Manager.
- Select the contact you'd like to change.
- Uncheck the box next to 'Sync with Contacts...'
- Click OK.