Many errors that occur in Picasa can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling Picasa. To uninstall Picasa, please follow the steps below.Windows
- Click the Start menu on your computer taskbar.
- Select All Programs > Picasa > Uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button in the confirmation window.
- Decide if you'd like to remove the Picasa database, which keeps record of information such as your unsaved photo edits and your custom album organization.
- Click Yes if you're permanently removing Picasa from your computer or if you're rebuilding your photo database.
- Click No if you're planning to reinstall normally.
- Click Finish.
- Move the Picasa application to the Trash
- Open Finder.
- In the Applications folder, drag and drop the Picasa application into the Trash.
- Decide if you'd like to remove the Picasa database
For each photo, the Picasa database keeps record of information such as unsaved photo edits and your custom Picasa album organizations. If you're permanently removing Picasa from your computer or if you're rebuilding your photo database to remedy image display issues, please follow the steps below to remove the database:
- Open Finder.
- Go to [username} > Library.
- Double-click Application Support > Google > Picasa 3.
- In the Picasa 3 folder, locate your Picasa database, 'db3.'
- Drag and drop 'db3' into the Trash.
If you'd like to reinstall Picasa, download the latest version at http://picasa.google.com