Compatible versus high quality printing modes
- Compatible with most printers
- Prints at half the resolution of 'High Quality' mode
- Sends the entire page at once so you'll be able to print faster.
High quality mode
- Maximizes the quality of your prints using a printing method known as 'tiling' that uses less memory.
- Allows Picasa to output photos at a printer's native resolution.
Set your print quality options
You can access print quality options in Picasa by following these steps:
- Click Tools > Options (Windows).
- Click the Printing tab.
- Under 'Print Quality Setting,' choose between 'Compatible' and 'High Quality.'
To determine if your printer supports high quality mode, please do a test print. If this mode doesn't work for your printer, you'll see lines running horizontally across the image.