Use Sync to Web
By enabling the Sync to Web feature, edits made to your photos in Picasa will be reflected immediately in your web albums online.
Changes that sync
Once you've enabled the Sync to Web feature, you can sync the following changes from Picasa to your web albums:
- Photo edits (Basic Fixes, Tuning, and Effects)
- Added or deleted photos
- Added captions, tags, or geotags
- Name tags (visible only to you, in Picasa Web Albums)
- Edits made in other applications that are saved to your hard drive
- The order of your photos
The following changes will not be transferred to your online albums:
- Changes made to folder or album properties
- Changes made to filenames
Turn on Sync to Web
There are three ways to enable the syncing feature:
- The Sync to Web button on the right side of the folder or album header. The button will turn blue to indicate a folder or album is synchronized.
- The pull-down menu to the right of the Share button.
- Use Batch Upload to update multiple online albums.
When Sync to Web is enabled, your changes made will only be synchronized in one direction, from Picasa to your web albums. However, you can update captions, tags, and geo-tags from your web albums to Picasa using Refresh Online Status.