This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Can't create animation dialog with 50 photos after 30 seconds on Chrome and IE11 0 Recommended Answers 8 Replies 55 Upvotes
I keep getting the Can't Create Animation dialog when I try to create an animation with 50 photos. It comes up after exactly 30 seconds, and gives no options other than OK. I retry it, and I get the same response. I have tried this at least 20 times, and each time it gives me the Can't Create Animation dialog.
It used to be that it would give me that message sometimes, but if you tried it again, it would usually work the second time. Now, however, it never seems to work on subsequent attempts.
Things I've tried:
1. Restarting Chrome (and restarting IE11)
2. Clearing my cache
3. Clearing my cookies and history
4. Restarting the box
5. Tried it on my work computer with Chrome. Same response.
6. Tried the same set of photos multiple times.
7. Tried it with a smaller subset of the photos. This works, I can get a selection of 35 photos to create the animation, but not with 40.
8. Tried multiple different sets of photos. None of them finish if they have more than 40 in them.
9. Tried it on my Google Photos app. This works every time, but the animations are "choppy". In actual fact some of the photos were inserted into the animation out of order, resulting in choppy looking motion. I have a separate post about this one.
The original pictures I used can be found here:
Thank you for looking at this! I'd love to know any thoughts or workarounds to try if you can think of any.Steven
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.