Automatically sync your favourite photos between Apple Photos and Google Photos.
How it works
- Your favourite (heart) photos in Apple Photos become favourites in Google Photos.
- Your favourite (star) photos in Google Photos become favourites in Apple Photos.
- If you unfavourite photos in Google Photos, it unfavourites photos in Apple Photos and vice versa.
Tip: You must use an iOS device for this feature.
Turn sync on or off
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Google Photos .
- At the top right, tap your account profile photo.
- Tap Photos settings .
- Tap Apple Photos.
- Tap Sync favourites .
- Tap Turn on sync or Turn off sync.
- If you already use Google Photos, you might see a prompt in the Google Photos app. Tap your Favourites folder to turn on sync and see your favourites in Apple Photos.
- If you turn off Sync favourites, it takes effect for future photos. Photos that are already favourites stay favourites.