If you back up in Original quality and you run out of storage, your photos will stop backing up. Learn more about what happens when you run out of storage space.
- Photos and videos backed up in original quality count against your Google Account storage. If you run out of storage, you can't back up any more photos.
- Photos and videos backed up in high quality or express quality after 1 June 2021 will count towards your Google Account storage. If you run out of storage after 1 June 2021, you can't back up any more high-quality and express-quality photos and videos.
- Unsupported videos uploaded after 24 February 2020 will count against your storage quota.
- You can upload up to 15 GB to your account each day.
To see your options, make sure that you have the latest version of the Google Photos app.
Buy more storage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- At the top right, tap your account profile photo or initial Photos settings .
- Select Back up & sync.
- Tap Buy storage.
- Select a storage plan.
- Add or select your payment method.
- Tap Subscribe.
To downgrade or cancel a subscription, visit the Play Store to manage your subscription.
Tip: If you don’t see the option above, you might not be running out of storage, or you don’t have any photos in original quality.