You can get details or take actions on your photos, objects around you and image searches with Google Lens.
- Lens can translate text into all Google Translate languages.
- Shopping results are available in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom and United States.
You can use Google Lens from:
- Google Photos
- The Google Assistant on most Android phones
- The Camera app on some Android phones, such as Pixel
Get details and take action on your photos
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Select a photo.
- Tap Lens .
- Depending on your photo, check the details, take an action or find similar products.
If you take a photo of:
- Apparel and home goods: Find similar products and where to buy them.
- Barcodes: Use a barcode to find information about a product, like where to buy it.
- Business card: Save the phone number or address to a contact.
- Book: Get a summary and read reviews.
- Event flyer or billboard: Add the event to your calendar.
- Landmark or building: See historical facts, hours of operation and more.
- Painting in a museum: Read about the artist and learn more.
- Plant or animal: Learn about species and breeds.
Tip: To copy text, tap and select the words that you'd like to copy.
Translate a screenshot on your Pixel 3 and later
Important: You can only translate screenshots in these languages:
- On your Pixel 3 or later phone, go to the website or app that you want to translate.
- Take a screenshot. Learn how to take a screenshot.
- Open the Google Photos app .
- Select the screenshot that you want to translate, then tap Lens Translate.
To find and delete your Google Lens activity, go to the Lens page on My Activity. Learn how to control what's saved in your Google Account.
If you don't want your Google Lens activity saved to your Google Account, turn off Web & app activity. Learn how to see and control your Web & app activity.