You can use the Google Photos app and the Daydream device to see your panoramas, 360-degree photos and photos taken with Cardboard Camera in virtual reality.
Open your photos in Daydream
- On your phone, open Daydream .
- Tap Google Photos .
- Put on your Daydream headset and follow the steps.
- On your controller, click the touchpad to open Google Photos .
- Under the gallery, click to select an account.
See your photos
From the gallery
Swipe left or right on your touchpad to see more photos. Click to open a photo.
From the photo view
- To show the photo carousel, touch the touchpad.
- To see other photos, swipe left or right on the touchpad.
- To change the volume, click the side buttons on your controller.
Types of photos you can see
Only the types of photos below that are stored on photos.google.com or on your device can be seen on Daydream:
- 360-degree photos: Spherical photos.
- Panoramas: Photos taken by moving the phone around you. A panorama must have:
- Aspect ratio wider than 2:1.
- Minimum height of 1440 pixels.
- Photos that aren't panoramas, but meet this size, can also be seen on Daydream.
- VR (virtual reality) photos: Panoramas with depth (3D) and sound. You can take VR photos with the Cardboard Camera.