Choose the upload size of your photos and videos
You can change the quality of your photos and videos to fit your preferences, or to free up storage space in your Google Drive.
- Open photos.google.com/settings.
- Select high quality or original quality for future uploads.
- Unlimited free storage.
- Photos are compressed to save space. If a photo is larger than 16MP, it will be resized to 16MP.
- You can print good quality 16MP photos in sizes up to 24 inches x 16 inches.
- Videos higher than 1080p will be resized to high-definition 1080p. A video with 1080p or less will look close to the original.
- Limited free storage that uses storage in your Google Account. Check your storage here. If you go over this limit, learn how to buy storage.
- If you have a Pixel phone, you get free unlimited storage at Original quality. You won’t be able to use “High quality.”
- All photos and videos are stored in the same resolution that you took them.
- Recommended for photos that have more than 16MP and videos with more than 1080p.
- Recommended for printing large banners