Share photos & videos
You can share photos, videos, albums, and movies, with anyone, even if they don't use the Google Photos app.
Share photos & videos
- Open the Google Photos app .
- Tap the photo, album, or movie to share.
- Tap Share .
- Enter or select a name, phone number, or email address. If you're part of a family on Google, tap Family group to share with your family members. Learn how to create a family group on Google.
- You can also add a message when you share. To manage these messages, go to the activity log.
Other ways to share
You can also:
- Share to another app.
- Tap Copy link or Create link to send someone a link.
- Tap Shared album to create an album that you can allow anyone to add to.
What happens when you share
- Contacts with this icon on their profile image use the Google Photos app. If you Send via Google Photos:
- They get an in-app notification.
- Their profile image will be added to the album and will appear faded until they see the album.
- You can only do this if you’ve interacted with them through Google services.
- They may also appear with this icon if their phone number is connected to their Google Account and you’ve added it to your Google Contacts.
- If you share to a phone number or email address:
- They get a link to the album, by SMS or email, depending on how it was shared.
- A generic profile image will be added to the album and will appear faded until they click the link to see the album.
- If they join the album, their profile image will change into their Google Account profile image.
- When they see the album, you’ll get an in-app notification.
- Anyone that has the shared link will be able to see the album. Learn how to change your sharing options.
What happens when someone shares with you
- You may receive an email, text message, or in-app notification, depending on the way it was shared.
- When you tap a link to see the album, your profile image in the album will light up and a notification will be sent to the sharer. Learn how to leave an album.
- When you join the album, your profile image will change to your Google Account profile image.
- Learn more about who can share with you.
- If you think someone is spamming you, you can block or report them.
- Open the Google Photos app
- Tap Albums Shared.
To see people you’ve shared an album with:
- Open the photo, video, or album you shared.
- Tap More Sharing options.