See if you can restore deleted photos & videos
If you have back up & sync on, photos and videos you delete will stay in your trash for 60 days. Learn how to turn on back up & sync.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to recover.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back:
- In your phone
- Into the "Photos" section of the app.
- Into any albums it was in.
To find and recover photos easily, turn on back up & sync. Learn how to turn on back up & sync.