Delete photos and videos
You can delete photos and videos you don’t want from your Google Photos library.
Before you delete photos and videos
Photos and videos you delete are also removed from:
- photos.google.com and any synced devices
- Google Photos albums
- Google Photos movies when you edit them. Learn more about deleted photos in movies.
- Google Drive, for photos and videos that are synced with Google Drive. Learn how Google Drive works with Google Photos.
- Any shared albums you may have added them to.
Photos and videos you delete are not automatically removed from:
If you want time to recover deleted photos and videos, turn on back up & sync. Deleted items will stay in the trash for 60 days before they're permanently deleted.
Move photos and videos to trash
- Open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Photos.
- Touch and hold a photo or video you want to move to trash.
- Select any other items you want to move to trash.
- At the top right, tap Trash .
You can also free up space on your phone and keep your photos in your Google Photos library.
Restore photos & videos
- If you want to get a deleted item back, learn how to restore photos and videos.
- If a photo or video you deleted comes back, it might be on a removable memory card. To delete it, use your device’s Gallery app.